Thursday, July 28, 2005

Prayer & Notes on 1 Timothy

(Originally written July 28, 2005 in Talks With God)

I hope that I am learning to be more like Paul. Paul was humble, yet able to get his message across. He was persistent and faithful in all that he did. Lord it is you who gave him the strength to do that; you can give me the same strength. Lord, hear my prayer. I love you Lord. Praises be to you from all the earth.

I just read I & II Thessalonians and I Timothy. I see the love Paul had for people, especially in I Timothy. He trusts Timothy and encourages him. I love I Timothy 5:23, "Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and frequent illnesses". That is so personal. Paul truly cared for Timothy.

Paul has the love of Christ. I know I am asking for a miracle Lord, but make me as Paul. He was able to serve you so well, and I am barely able to bring my self to speak to you. I am so unworthy of this request but I will never worthy of it. Give me Paul's attributes, not so I can be like Paul, but so I can be like Christ and serve Him. Praises to you God. I will serve you forever. If you have other plans than what I am praying for show me, but I feel you are leading me with the Spirit. If you aren't, admonish me, so I can know what the Spirit feels like.

I Timothy 6:9-10 "People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs".

Lord, this was me over the past few years. Your words ring true. I had wandered from you and I pierced myself with countless griefs. But, I stand here today because you were faithful to me even when I had no faith in you. Lord please heal my grief, take it away from me. I am ready to be cleansed. This summer has been the beginning of that process. Lord, continue to fix and prune me, even if it is a painful process. Lord, I beg of you only one request, please do not let me bring grief to my family and to those who love me. If I need to be rebuked or humbled please do it in a way they are spared. I have not only caused myself grief, but I have put an enormous burden on them. I am ashamed of my actions. Please God, don't let me do this again. I love you Lord and I lift my voice, to worship you. Oh my soul rejoice. Take joy my king, in what you hear, may it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear. Jesus, I love you and exalt your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment