Sunday, July 17, 2005

Isaiah 55-66 & prayer

(Originally written July 17, 2005 in Talks With God)

I have been reading Isaiah 55-61 when I got to 62:1. "For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch." Lord, through these last chapters you have been telling Israel of all these new nations who will go to Zion and work for your glory. You tell me in 56:3, that I (a foreigner) who has and continues to bind myself to you (the Lord) can not say, "surely the Lord will exclude me from His people" in truth! Lord, I bind myself to you today as I have recently in other words. Surely, you will include me in your people.

I feel incredible peace when you are with me. I am in Zion; I am in Jerusalem when I am serving you. I pray and beg you for your mercy! I beg and pray you will speak to me as you promised in Isaiah 62:1. I asked for righteousness many times recently. Isaiah 62:1 assures me that you are answering prayer! I love you Lord! You are all to me! You have become my only refuge in this place. I will run to you in fear, in sadness, in joy and in praise for all of my days.

I will fall short Lord. This breaks my heart. No one knows me, no one cares for me, no one loves me like you do. I wish I could say the same for my knowing, caring and loving for you, but, I can't because I'm not good enough. I'm not good enough for you.

But you, you draw me back because I have no where else to turn to. You are the only never failing comforter, father, king, savior and God. I want to be faithful to you and love you the way you love me. I simply cannot do it and I am sorry. I offer you this imperfect love of mine, in the hope that you will make it perfect. I will fail, but through your strength I will return and pay restitution for my failings.

Isaiah 65:9 (prayer verse) "Do not be angry beyond measure, O Lord; do not remember our sins forever. Oh, look upon us, we pray, for we are all your people".

Isaiah 66:2b (goal verse) "This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word"

Lord, Isaiah has been read. Lord why must I, like the Israelites suffer so greatly? I know it is so that you can shine so incredibly bright. I am not extremely happy about this suffering, though I know I should be. Help me to rejoice in suffering, for I know it leads to perseverance, character and to hope, which comes from you and does not disappoint. I have seen it work. I have seen it work in me this summer. I have more hope than I have had since working at Miracle Camp. I have felt the Holy Spirit more this summer, then the years since working at Miracle Camp.

Is it that I am rejoicing in suffering, but not in the rejoicing that is earthly? Grant me your wisdom Lord. Let all that I have read in Isaiah this month stick. As I continue to read your word, impart more wisdom, but do not let it replace this you have granted me. Hear my prayer oh God. I love you!.

No comments:

Post a Comment