Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Isaiah 28-29 & prayer

(Originally July 5, 2005 in Talks With God)

Lord forgive me for living in sin. As I write you I sin, but I am too weak and too insufficient to stop. Not that I was made that way, but because I haven't the will power to stop myself. Forgive me for lying yesterday. Lord, I am a wretched, wretched man. If not for the grace you abundantly and constantly show me I would be utterly and completely lost. If it is in your heart tonight please forgive me. I cannot promise that I won't make the same stupid mistake again, but I will promise that I will strive every day to be more Christlike and work to fulfill your plans. Help me to understand the reading tonight.

Isaiah 28-29

Lord, I am like Ephraim, staggering in drunkenness and filling the world with vomit. Everything I do is unclear because I am unclean. Lord make me clear so that I can please you with what I do. Take away my taste and appetite for self-destruction. Replace it with a burning desire to be holy and righteous and good. I desire you and aspire to be like you, but make it strong. Lord, humble me more so I can better worship you. Strip me of prideful iniquities, so I can better serve you. Remove the filth and stench of my sinful ways so that I can be a witness to your greatness. I am struck with awe and wonder and amazement so that when I begin to sin I am moved to stop and do what is good. Lord, this is my prayer.  Please hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment