Sunday, July 3, 2005

Isaiah 21-27 & a pryer

(Originally written July 3, 2005 in Talks With God)

Isaiah 21-27

You destroyed nations that you had built up. You crushed mighty armies that you fortified. You smashed great cities you built. Why? Why go to all the work of creation of marvelous and fantastic things, if your plan is to destroy them?

You exalted and lifted me up. You gave me so much only to rip it away because of my sin. Without the taste for greatness you gave me I would not of continued on through mediocrity. Lord you built me and then broke me. I come to you a humbled man.

Rebuild me so that I am suitable to do the work you intend for me to do. If I am to be a mere tower to watch out for foes, make me be alert. If I am to be a wall and door to open for the righteousness and shut for the wicked then fortify me. If I am to be an empire, created to fulfill your work, equip me as you see fit. I pray to you humbly now. I asked for an ordinary life, but I am extraordinary because you made me that way. You and you alone deserve the glory for what you do with me. Keep me humble as I go through my extraordinary life. Today I give you the dream you gave to me before the heavens and earth were created. Take and do with it as you see fit. I will be faithful, but I need your faithfulness. I love and adore you. So much words cannot express it. Hear my prayer oh Holy & faithful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment