Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A new covenant with the Lord

(Originally written July 20, 2005 in Talks With God)

II Corinthians 1-5

Why do I suffer what I cannot bear?

II Corinthians 1:9 "Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on our selves but on God, who raises the dead."

II Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Show me how to a minister of the New Covenant. Help me to strive for what is unseen and not for what is seen. For I know that what is unseen is eternal and I want what is eternal, but I still crave what is worldly. You said through Paul that no men will be tempted beyond what he can bear and you will always offer a way out. Make your way out obvious and known to me.

Lord, why am I losing my focus? Why can I not keep my eyes fixed on the task at hand? Where is my mind wandering to? help me to see only what you want me to see; help me to hear only what you want me to hear; help me to think only what you want me to think; help me to do only what you want me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment