Saturday, July 16, 2005

Isaiah 54 & a prayer

(Originally written July 16, 2005 in Talks With God)

Today started miserable. Everything sucked and I started to give up on the day, but then you stepped in. My attitude was lifted and you picked me up. Theodore Roosevelt said, 'don't pray for a lighter load, pray for a stronger back'. Lord, make that my prayer for the rest of the summer. Give me strength as you did today, to get through these final weeks. Give me strength from Isaiah today.

Isaiah 54

You turned away from me these past years because I was disobedient. Make me now as Israel and return your 'unfailing love' to me. Not because my works deserve it, but because of your enormous grace.

Pour out your spirit on me. Overflow me so I can spill it into the world. Help me to choose good, right and pure over evil and sin. Create in me a clean heart. Renew a right spirit within me. Hear my prayer, king of kings, my God.

Lord I truly am enjoying our time spent in this book. This dialogue from you to me has been the best thing to happen to me in ages. As I continue after this summer convict me to continue. Keep your firm grasp upon me. I love you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment