Saturday, July 9, 2005

Isaiah 41-44 & a prayer

(Originally written July 9, 2005 in Talks With God)

Today I will praise you because you are good to me. Today I will praise you because of Isaiah 40:31.

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint."

Lord, I am weary and I am faint. I want and will hope in you. Please renew my strength. Lord, how am I supposed to just swallow my pride when he is ineffective and inefficient in his methodology? Do all have to suffer because of his power lust? Help me Lord; guide me through this hardship.

Isaiah 41-44

You are the one true God. I will worship only you. You bring me an peace, a peace that I cannot attain from anywhere else. A peace that I cannot understand or explain. I will worship you until the end of my days. For as you were, you are, and will forever be. Your glory is infinite; your wisdom is eternal. My knowledge is but dust to yours. Fill me with your Spirit so you may call me your servant. Make me as Abraham call me your friend. I will always call you my king and will serve no one else. I will love you like I love nothing else.

Lord, make me clean. I am filthy and unfit to carry water for you. Make me clean and worthy to serve you. But Lord, I am lonely. I am like Adam before Eve and am in need of a companion. Please send her to me or I to her. I am ready for this, if it is in your will. If it is in your will please bless me with a beautiful, wonderful and most importantly, a godly wife. If it is not in your will then take away my desire for this because I only want to desire what you desire.

Lord take away this heat! I am suffocating! Please allow me to wake in the morning fully rested and ready to serve you. Take away my feeling crummy and my crummy attitude. I love you Lord. Thank you for listening to even my frivolous prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment