Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Galatians & prayer

(Originally written July 26, 2005 in Talks With God)

Shall I continue in Paul's letters? Yes, I feel that will please you. Give me a sign if it does not.

Galatians 1:3-5

While this is only Paul's opening to the Galatians it is comforting because it feels like Paul is writing to me. I know Paul was a messenger of God. The words inked by Paul are words written by God. God is writing me through Paul and I feel comforted through this.

Galatians 1:10b "If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ"

This verse convicts me. I feel the Holy Spirit working in me. I feel him compelling me to change. This verse spoke to me like this - 'I am still serving men because I am serving myself, therefore how can I be serving Christ?' The Holy Spirit is convicting me and telling me to stop serving myself and to continue to serve Christ. I am here oh God, how may I serve you? Show me what you want me to do and I will rush to do it.

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me".

This verse is you reminding me that you died for me. I cannot conjure up the words to express my gratitude and thankfulness for you. All I can say is thank you and I love you Lord. You paid the price for my sin. You picked up my eternal tab. I can never repay in full, but I swear that I will follow you and serve you to pay off as much as I can. I feel led by the Spirit to say these things. Have the Spirit guide me in the right direction to turn His words into action, so that you may be glorified.

Galatians 5:16 "So I say, live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature".

Even as I ask a second before in my prayer for you to guide me by the spirit, you answer with this verse. Keep prompting me Lord and I will do as you ask. I will stay faithful in your Book, for I know you will stay faithful to me.

As I now have read Isaiah, Daniel, Romans, 1&2 Corinthians and Galatians, you have taught me with each book. You have imparted your wisdom upon me. Help me to retain the wisdom you have given me. Give me the strength to live by the wisdom you have given me in grace. This is my prayer oh God. Hear it and be faithful as you always have. I love you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment