Friday, July 15, 2005

Isaiah 49-52 & a prayer

(Originally written July 15, 2005 in Talks With God)

The summer is almost over. I am ready to leave! Help me Lord to stay focused on you and on the task at hand. Help me not to slip away or look ahead too much. Keep teaching me in your word.

Isaiah 49-52

Isaiah 50:4 "The sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ears to listen like one being taught".

It's amazing Lord, long before you sent Jesus you prophesied it through Isaiah. You answered prayers for the Jews and you answered un-prayed prayers of the Gentiles. You gave us understanding and knowledge of that we did not know. You gave us salvation from an enemy we did not know. You looked out for us while we bathed in sin. Your mercy knows no bounds.

Lord I want to be close to you. You have given me son-ship and servanthood in your house. You have made me a brother to Christ. Use me as you will, but let me draw closer to you. Make me as Isaiah in 50:4. Give me an instructed tongue and an ear so tuned to you, you wake me up every morning. Lord I desire to know more of your nature and draw closer to you. Grant me more wisdom day by day as I read your word. Bless me if I am obedient. Break me if I am not. Hear me oh my master, my father. Holy is your name. Holy are you. Glory be yours forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment