Sunday, July 10, 2005

Romans 1-7 & a prayer

(Originally written July 10, 2005 in Talks With God)

I believe you have answered my prayer! I will talk to Zack about a position for evenings and weekends. If this is not your will for me to work, close that door. Thank you Lord.

I was really moved by the sermon this morning. God you are glorious. You are amazing and I am in awe of you. I truly love you with all of my heart, not only in words. I have a deep, burning desire to serve you. Back in a moment, but first...

But even with that desire I am faulty. I have a hard time controlling my impulses. Help me to overcome my impulses. Lord I am willing but I am weak. Help me and please forgive me of my sins. I know sin has consequences and I am willing to accept mine. Forgive me Lord.

Back to this morning's message though. I am inspired to read Romans. I will split time between it and Isaiah if you don't object. I love you Lord.

Romans 2:29b "Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God"

Lord let me not seek praise from men, but let me seek glory for the kingdom of Heaven. This way I can have my reward in Heaven. I seek riches and praise and I desire glory and honor. But let me receive such things from you. For as man's knowledge and wisdom is foolishness to you, so are such things. Money, power and authority are temporary. Let me live a life that warrants glory for you and eternal life for me.

Romans 3:23-24 "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus".

Lord, I am full of sin. I fall short of your glory on a daily basis. Your grace is what gets me through day by day. Every breath is a gift from you. Let me lean on you for strength and redemption. Let me prosper so that the kingdom of Heaven may grow. Make me as Paul in this verse:

Romans 1:1 "Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God"

Let it be written in your heart that I can be a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be a disciple of the Almighty God and set apart for the will of God. Let it be written in your eternal heart, not for my sake, but for the sake of your Holy Name. Let it be a glorious victory over evil for you. For you have called a wicked man, such as me, out of sin. Let it be known on this day, July 10, 2005 that I have answered your call the same call given to Abraham thousands of years ago. I will serve the true Lord. I lay my life down at your feet. I sacrifice my hopes, desires and dreams to do your work. Not for my glory will work be done, but for the Glory of God.

Romans 5:3-5 "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit. It is because of Him that I will not only accept but rejoice in suffering. All of my life I have induced my own suffering. Had it not been for my foolish decisions I would not be humble enough to accept my calling of servitude. Without the Holy Spirit, I would be a bitter, bitter person. I have suffered so little compared to some but it is enough to have put me on my knees. And instead of laying down in defeat you have raised me up for victory. This accomplishment is not mine, but fully and only yours. I am excited to see more victories for you and ready to learn from my own failings. If I were not so imperfect Lord you could accomplish so much through me. Not for my glory but for yours. Help me to become more righteous so that the kingdom of Heaven can be more glorified.

Lord I am shaking with nervous excitement over your Word. I can barely hold it in. I live through Jesus who lives eternally! Sin lives in me, but I have died to sin. Because of the grace given to me, by Jesus christ I am alive and well! The sin in me will never die, but I will die to sin, so that I can live in righteousness. I cannot do what I want to do, which is good, because the sin is stronger than me. But I do what is good because He who dwells in me (Jesus Christ) is stronger than me and has defeated sin. All the good that is accomplished through my wretched body is because the Holy Spirit, given to me by Jesus Christ, is shining through the darkness of my sin. Keep peeling away the darkness of sin in my life so that I may be transparent and the light of the Holy Spirit can fully shine in me. Accomplish your goals, win your victories, shine your eternal light! I will fail and sin will overtake me, but you who have shown grace to me are stronger than the sin that plagues me. I will strive to follow the Holy Spirit so that I can be made righteous. By being righteous you will win many victories through me. I, in the flesh, am not fit to do your work, but the Holy Spirit, whom you have sent to me can accomplish great things. Use my body as a vessel to achieve your glory. I am ready to be pruned and stripped of iniquities, however painful the process may be. Give me strength to stand through this. Grant me courage to pursue this. Grant me your wisdom to continue to ask for what seems painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment