Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Brief Notes on Ruth

(Originally Written May 28, 2008 in the Journal)

Heavenly Father I am lost in my thoughts. She is leaving in just four days. Lord make this separation temporary. Return her to me after this period renewed in her love for me. While we are separated teach me to be a good husband. Teach me to love her as Christ loves the Church.

I am terrified at the prospect of losing her. I seek refuge in you. Do not cast me away broken hearted. Lord you put us together, why tear us apart? Hear my cry oh Lord and rejoin us as a testimony to your care, love and mercy. Your will be done above all. May you be praised forever and ever.

Lord, I continue on days of only bread and water. Teach me what you will and make it plain for me to know your will. Keep me free of sin and strengthen me not to falter in the face of temptation. Focus my mind on you. I give you my life, my all. Do with me as you will. I am first-born and belong to you. Redeem me in this very hour so I can be with you. I seek only to serve you. Show me how you wish to be served. I will follow you all the days of my life.

Notes on Ruth

Chapter 1

Naomi was widowed and lost both of her sons who had married Moabite women, Oprah and Ruth respectively. She sent Oprah and Ruth away, but Ruth stayed with her. Naomi and Ruth returned to Bethlehem from Moab.

Chapter 2

Ruth found favor with Boaz because what she had done for Naomi.

Chapter 3

Ruth wen to Boaz and asked him to protect her by marrying her. Boaz said he would if a closer relative to her late husband would not.

Chapter 4

Boaz asked the man who had first claim to Ruth and her late husband's field if he would claim his right. The man declined, so Boaz married Ruth.

Chapter 5

Ruth conceived and bore a son to continue the line of her late husband. They named him Obed who became the father of Jesse, who became the father of David.

No comments:

Post a Comment