Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Brief Notes on Numbers 30-34

(Originally Written May 21, 2008 in the Journal)

Foolishness and lust and sin, that is what I am. Lord have mercy on me, forgive me of my stupidity. Take the desire for my overindulgence away. I need neither food nor drink nor sex nor touch for fulfillment. I know this, now help me put it into practice.

Open my eyes to your wisdom. Open my heart to you. Open her eyes and heart and mind so she can once again be in your care and feel it. I do not know why she has turned her back on you nor why you have given her over to her sin. Redeem her to you as your lost daughter. Only your touch can save her. Do not abandon her as she has abandoned me. If you need atonement then allow me to atone for her. I will bear the punishment. Reconcile her to you and to me. Look upon me with favor for you are a just and merciful God.

Numbers 30 - Vows

Numbers 31

The Lord told the Israelites to exterminate the Midianites and they did so. They killed all the Midianite men, including five kings and Balaam. They took the women and children captive. When Moses saw the women and children he became angry and told them to kill every male child and every woman who was not a virgin. The men purified themselves and their possessions from battle.

Numbers 32

The tribes of Gad and Reuben settled in the land just conquered on the other side of the Jordan river.

Numbers 33

The retelling of the journey from Egypt to Canaan.

Numbers 34

The laying out of the territory and the appointment of the apportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment