Sunday, May 25, 2008

Brief Notes on Deuteronomy 18-19

(Originally written on May 25, 2008 in the Journal)

I call upon you Lord to look after her and her family as they travel back from Arizona. Grant them safe passage home. Be with Phillip and my Dad out in Oregon. May the time be precious to them and may they be mindful of you. Watch over Bob in Iraq and keep him safe. Bless all those who serve this country because by serving their country they serve you because you have ordered this nation and this world.

Lord, circumcise my heart and my mind. Remove the stiffness of my neck. Do not let your wrath flare up against me, but look on me with mercy and love. Restore her to you and redeem this morning. Lord it is in your power to mend this torn relationship. I beg of you to sew us back together and hem the seams so they rip no more. Above all else, may your will be done here because it is perfect and wise. Thank you Lord for everything you have bestowed upon me, even these trials. Refine me in the iron smelt. Make me pure and blameless in your sight. I love you Lord, thank you for who you are. May you be praised in every heart and soul.

Deuteronomy 18

The Levites have no physical heritage. Their heritage is the Lord. The Lord alone sustains them.
The Lord will give the Israelites prophets to speak the word of the Lord to the people.

Deuteronomy 19

You must purge evil from your midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment