Friday, May 23, 2008

Brief Notes on Numbers 35-36

(Originally written May 23, 2008 in the Journal)

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. You know the wickedness in me. Search it out and destroy it. I am weak and I want so badly to follow your every precept and truth, but the sins of the flesh call to me. It is not that I am in need of satisfying this lustful whim, only that I have habituated myself to it. Help me break this habit.

Lord be with her in Arizona. Show her your truth and love. You are pure glory and those who see you can only marvel at your wondrous nature. Your love is irresistible to us. We are programmed to seek it out. But, in our fallen nature we seek it where you are not and find a temporary relief that is followed by a hollow numbing pain. I ask out of your mercy and charity to reconcile her to you and me. Thy will be done though with all your faithful and unfaithful servants.

Numbers 35

The difference between murder and manslaughter: murderers must be put to death. Those guilty of manslaughter are to be put in a city of asylum until the priest who condemned them dies. To put a murderer to death there must be witnesses. One witness is not enough to put a murderer to death.

Numbers 36

The ancestral heritage allotted to each tribe is bound forever. No lands can pass between tribes.

No comments:

Post a Comment