Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A prayer for direction

(Originally Written June 11, 2008 in the Journal)

Oh Lord God Almighty, blessed is your name. Thank you for all you have bestowed upon me and for what you have seen fit to take away. Lord I am scared. I am terrified of my surroundings. I have no one here to comfort me. It is not good for man to be alone and yet, I am desperately alone.

I wish only to serve you. I know that if New Horizons is offered to me I must take it. Lord I am called to you. I am only fulfilled in your service. I know this; I feel it in my bones. But, if I take the New Horizons position I may lose my wife forever. I may not, but I fear it.

Lord if you want me at New Horizons, open the door. If you don't then shut it. I will follow wherever you lead me. Show me the path and I will follow in faith. Bless me in this decision to follow you. I have failed so often on my own and am tired and weary. Give me the strength and courage to follow you. Hear my prayers and answer me. Please do not turn your face from me. Look upon me with mercy and grace for I seek you. I seek you all day and night. Seek me too Lord, I beg of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment