Thursday, September 24, 2015

Reflection on Psalm 19:12-13

I came across another good verse for me to remember and write in my heart. Hear my prayer Lord, make this the goal of my life.

Psalm 19:12-13

"Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression".

Lord you know my hidden faults. I am sure I have many. Please forgive me of them. But, the convicting part comes from verse 13. Keep me from willful sins. That word, willful, is so apt for me. I am headstrong, willful. This isn't always a good thing. It leads me to great transgression. I do pray though God, that you will forgive me and keep me from them, so they do not rule over me.

I find myself when I am in willful rebellion against what and who I know that my sins can become rulers over me. It's a trap that I know about, but one that I seem incapable of avoiding. Write this verse on my heart so that I can remember when my willfulness begins to pop up again. Change my heart and desires to reflect your heart and desires. Hear my prayer oh God.

No comments:

Post a Comment