Thursday, September 24, 2015

A combination reflection of Psalm 31 & 34

In my reading a couple of days ago I bookmarked two verses, Psalm 31:4 and Psalm 34:7. I didn't realize at the time that the two would have a combination effect on me later when I wrote about what I read.

Psalm 31:4 states, "Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge."

Psalm 34:7 states, "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them".

I feel like it is so easy to fall into traps. There are so many of them out there. Some of my own making, some that are tested and set up specifically for me and then some that are new. But, God is faithful to free me from them because He is my refuge. But, even better than that, if I was observant (which I'm not always) I wouldn't even fall into them because he would deliver me from them before I even fell in. So hear my prayer God. First, thank you for freeing me so many times from the traps of this life and making yourself my refuge. And make me observant enough so that I don't fall into them by delivering me from them! Hear me Lord, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment