Thursday, September 24, 2015

A perfect picture of God

Psalm 30:5 is not a difficult verse. In fact, it is a resolution of much of the difficulty in verses that make God seem harsh or unduly punitive. "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning".

I thank God that his anger only lasts a moment. I have felt that more than once in my lifetime when I've fallen short of his desire for me and run afoul of his plan. But, more often than those fleeting moments I have felt his favor and that lasts a lifetime.

As far as the difficult verses go though this verse sums up a perfect picture of God. God is justly angry and punishes, corrects, chastises and even causes pain for those who sin. But, this is only to bring us to Him. Sometimes without that gentle or even abrupt admonishment I might continue down the wrong path. Thankfully, He loves me enough and favors me enough to not let that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment