Saturday, June 4, 2005

Prayer and Psalms 1

(Originally written June 4, 2005 in Talks with God)

I read Psalms 1-5 today.

Psalms 1:1-3 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit at the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the Law of the Lord, and on His law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Lord, help me to be like this man. Help me to bear fruit in season, so that others may be sustained by your never ending love. Help me to prosper. Help me to excel at what I do, not for my credit but for the glory of the Kingdom of Heaven. Today enter into a pact with me. As long as I remain help me to prosper. If this means prosper in earthly manners, great. If this means to prosper in heavenly manners, even better. Lord I am a weak willed man. Give me the strength and encouragement to make it through this life. Help me to prosper so that you can be exalted. Be my shield when they rise against me. Help me to cultivate the world, sot hat your good fruit can be enjoyed by all who seek you. Use me to help you prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment