Friday, June 17, 2005

Isaiah 2-3 & a prayer

(Originally written June 17, 2005 in Talks with God)

Today was a long day Lord. I am tired and somewhat frustrated. Help me to be an influence and help me to stay focused. Help me to stay positive. Give me the strength needed to get through the day tomorrow.

Isaiah 2

Let me not be a man who hides from the dread of the Lord. Let me not be a foolish man who clings to his pride. Humble me now so that I can be forgiven. Make my idols totally disappear.

Isaiah 3

Let me not be wicked. Let not my sin bring down the God of Jacob. Let my life be filled with righteousness. Not my own, but God's. Who am I to be righteous? Who am I to be strong? Let me be strong in you and not in my own futile weakness.

Lord lift up the workers in this place. Let us not be divided. Let us lead like men and women of God. Do not destroy us like Sodom & Gomorra. Do not let us fall as Judah & Jerusalem. Lift us up with your strength. Hear my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment