Thursday, June 2, 2005

A prayer for forgiveness

(Originally written June 2, 2005 in Talks with God)

As you can see I have not been diligent in writing in this journal as it has been over a week since I last wrote. I picked up my Bible and laid it out when we first arrived, but I haven't read it. I have had a rough time because you have been faithful to my request to be stretched, but I have not been faithful to my promise in staying in your Word. I am sorry I have failed you. Pleas help me to make this an aberration and not a trend. Lord, I have been trusting myself and not you to get me through this. I am sorry. I have fallen back into sin, and even as I write this I am in sin. I just cannot let go. I am sorry. These are only words - all I have is words. All I have ever had are words. Help my words become action. You have surrounded me with strong Christian men & women. Help me to gravitate to the right ones. Help me to give up the power struggle within and throughout my life. Help me to conquer this new sin and my old one. I know what I must do, I just don't know how. Help me to see how. Let this journal be the dialogue I asked, but let it be a story of triumph so I can look back on my growth and be encouraged.

With Love,

Chris Linehan

No comments:

Post a Comment