Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Isaiah 7-9 & a prayer

(Originally written June 22, 2005 in Talks With God)

Thank you again for another day completed. Praise you for all you are doing in my life. Forgive me for the sin I committed today. Forgive me please. Help me to overcome my earthly and sinful desires. Help me to overcome my sinful, destructive self. Replace my desire to sin with the desire to serve you. I asked to be broken if I am disobedient. Do your will, but hear my cry for mercy. Hear my cry for forgiveness. If discipline comes I will accept it, but do not make it so harsh that I cannot cope. Please do your will, but have mercy on this wretched man.

Isaiah 7-9

Lord, turn away your anger. I will praise you. Lord turn away your anger. I will serve you. Let me not be wicked, but let me bring glory and honor to you. Let me not be destroyed as Israel and Judah. Turn away your anger for I hail you as my king. My God, my God, the words  I write cannot begin to bring enough praise and worship. But Lord, accept this offering for it is all I have. Let all I do be pleasing; let every breath I take be a testimony to your greatness. Lord hear my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment