Monday, February 9, 2015

The Weltschmerz of Felix Weisse

In going through the long and tedious notes about aesthetics and What is Art by Tolstoy that I took nearly seven years ago... (Incredibly seven years ago was 2008???) I came across an interesting theory coming from Christian Felix Weiße. [on a side note I'm pretty pumped that I got the ß symbol on first guess on this Mac Keyboard]. Anyway, Christian Felix Wieße was a German writer and philosopher of education. He had this theory that Art comes into being through the introduction of spiritual reality into external, dead, indifferent matter. All I could think of was the Living Plastic from Doctor Who.

So I thought a good short story idea might be centered around this theory.

Think an artist suffering from Weltschmerz bringing to life work by introducing a spiritual reality into "external, dead, indifferent matter", a gestalt intelligence and mayhem.

The Weltschmerz of Felix Weisse

No comments:

Post a Comment