Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Promises of God

I think I found the "godly" word I was looking for in 2 Corinthians 7. But, in the NIV it is translated as holiness. It's connected to some promises Paul is reiterating in 2 Corinthians 6.

"I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:16-18).

Paul then states since we have these incredible promises from God lets purify ourselves and live godly lives perfecting the holiness that we strive for. This is my prayer Lord, that I can purify myself before you and strive for the perfection of holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment