Saturday, September 28, 2019

Goodreads: BFG

So BFG was never my favorite of Dahl's stories. I think James and the Giant Peach or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are my favorites of his. Some of that I think simply has to do with taste. The BFG is inventive, creative, and pretty adventurous for a children's novel. I believe I have been crodsquinkled at this book a time or two a time before in yesteryears and didn't appreciate it as much as I should. It's not like I ever thought it was gobblefunk, I just never thought it whoopsy whistling like the other two or even The Witches (which, in fact, I never read in yesteryears and when I discovered there was one I hadn't discovered I was, frankly, fluckgungled).

The Grunions here on Goodreads Grumble Gloomness Greatly Gregarding Giantspeak. Ghastly ghouls they is, gallingly call it gibberish. Fizzwigglers and Frumpets all! The language was bit much, but I caught something and remembered it briefly and forgot it till I remembered it and wrote it down. The language in the BFG is so strange because the dreamer can't remember exactly what was said. The whole story is a dream. A great dream within the dream was of the boy who wrote the book that stopped the world. The telephone ringing from the president in the dream described in the jar and then the president and all others send important telegrams. You never remember the beginning of your dreams, do you? You just turn up in the middle of what's going on. The Giants just turned up! How did we end up at this restaurant? The story ends without the dreamer waking up! Who is the dreamer? What inception has the BFG made? The top is still turning. Where's Mal?

No comments:

Post a Comment