Friday, June 29, 2012

Why do I seek God only in perilous times?

(Originally written June 29, 2012 on a scrap of paper now lost)

4 Days, no tobacco, no alcohol

Lord, Erin is about to talk to her parents. May your will be done, but Lord I don't want to deal the wedding. If it is possible please don't take Bill's blessing. What I need now is strength and encouragement. Teach me as I am in your word.

Isaiah 40

Lord I am like the grass. I will fall but your word will stand forever. Be mindful of how short my span is.

40:30-31 "Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength".

Isaiah 41

41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand".

41:13 "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right and hand and says to you, 'Do to fear; I will help you'"

I Chronicles 16

16:10 "Glory in his holy name, let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice"
- I am seeking the Lord, rejoice oh my heart and be not so crestfallen. Be not far from me God.

Lord, why do I seek you only in perilous times? Why don't I seek you always? I love you. I worship you. Make me faithful?

1 Corinthians 10

10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it"

Psalms 27

27:8 "My heart says of you, 'seek his face', Your face, Lord, I will seek"
-May this be my prayer.

27:14 "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"

II Peter

Lord teach me as I read Second Peter. Grant me wisdom to apply in the future. Write the words on my heart that I may stand up to any temptation. Do not put on me more than I can bear or bear it for me because I am weak. Lord help me to increase my faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love so I will not be ineffective or unproductive. Teach me to live a holy and godly life. Help me to have the strength and effort to be spotless and blameless and at peace with you.

Thank you Lord for your comfort and peace. may I live today a holy and blameless day. Renew my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment