Thursday, June 28, 2012

Drinking has consequences

(Originally written June 28, 2012 on a scrap of paper now lost)

3 Days, no tobacco, no alcohol

The deluge of pain keeps coming Lord. Numerous people have suggest that we postpone the wedding. I do not want to do this. But, I do not want to jeopardize Erin. Lord you will be done in this. Grant me the strength to bear all things.

Forgive me for my anger today. I said things alone I ought not say. Thank you for coming when I prayed. Come near me now, be not far from me. I still fear anger and resentment. Keep me from sin. will gouge out an eye if that is what I need to be pure. Lord, I'm pouring out my heart to you. My soul will be crushed by a delay in the wedding. I don't know if I can handle it. Grant me peace to weather this storm. Be not far from me. Teach me in I Peter.

I trust in you Lord, may I never be put to shame. I feel such shame now.

I Peter 2:11-12 "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they cause you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us"

How do I live a good life God?

2:25 "For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls".

4:8 "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins"
-This is the hope I have Lord, not of you, but of an on-time wedding.

5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you".

No comments:

Post a Comment