Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Psalms of hope. I believe! Help me overcome my unbelief.

(Originally written June 27, 2012 on a scrap of paper now lost)

Day 2 - No tobacco, alcohol

Lord, thank you for yesterday - your hope and your encouragement. Watch over Erin and I. Prosper us. Heal the wounds I've caused. Work in me so that she may see the change. Help me now as I struggle some, wanting some tobacco. Take the craving away. Hear my prayer. Teach me in your word as I read Psalms 33, 39, 43, 71 and 146.

Psalm 33

Here is why we hope: "May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you" (Psalm 33:22)

Psalm 39

39:7 "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you"

I've searched for purpose and fulfillment in so many things. Help this verse to be my constant prayer. My hope is in you. Hear my prayer.

Psalm 43

43:3 "Send forth your light and your turret, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell". Hear my prayer. Guide me Lord.

Put your hope in God. Do not be so downcast in your soul.

Psalm 71

71:2 "Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness, turn your ear to me and save me"
71:12 "Be not far from me, O God; come quickly, O my God, to help me"
71:14 "But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more".
- Let this be true of me. Lord, I praise you with all my heart and all my soul.

71:20 "Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up"

Psalm 146

Just accept this reading as my praise to you God.

I Peter 1

I Peter 1:13-16 "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: 'Be holy, because I am holy".

Grant me a greater portion of self-control Lord that I no longer bend to evil desires of my youth. Lord, continue to teach me in Mark. Write the words I read in my heart. Embed them in my mind so that I may be renewed and be full of self-control that I may give up the past things.

Mark

9:24 "Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Lord, I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief. I do trust, help me overcome my lack of trust. I do have faith, help me overcome its weakness.

11:24 "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have received it, and it will be yours".

14:38 "Watch and pray so that you do not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak".

Lord, bless me this day. Keep me from from sin.




No comments:

Post a Comment