Monday, May 8, 2006

Bad Humor concerening Voltaire

(Originally Written May 8, 2006 in Book 1)


Voltarians, wherefore art thou?

Ecrasons l'infame! We must crush the thing. Voltarians, wherefore art thou Voltarians? It took twelve to establish Christianity and only one to destroy it. Yet, here 228 years later I can hear the bells of the Christian churches ringing at every hour. Where are the Voltarian churches? The time is late, seven has passed, why do I not hear the bells of the first church of Voltaire?

If Voltaire had crushed the vile thing, how is it that it still exists? It seems as if the vile thing has crushed its would be crusher. I guess that this is ok because if it had not turned out this way, I would not be sitting here with my pistachio nuts. Where is your garden Monsieur Voltaire? How will you cultivate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment