Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Brief thoughts on Hopscotch by Julio Cortázar

So, I finished Hopscotch a few days ago and I'm still a bit bemused. Finished might not be the proper word as I only read it in the 'normal fashion' and didn't hopscotch through the book. Also, I ignored the following chapters with a clean conscience, but a bit of residual puzzlement. On my Goodreads page I wrote, "I'm not sure of what I think of this book yet. It's clearly a well written book with a lot of good stuff in it and it's jam packed with insane literary style, but I've just finished reading it the traditional way and will withhold my final judgement until I have hopscotched my way through it. Since, I haven't read the "extra" chapters I find myself both enjoying and not enjoying this book. But, I will be re-reading it or reading it for the first time soon and hopscotching my way through."  So I will revisit my assessment on the entirety of the book at a later date. I will say this, without giving away anything, the ending is confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment