Friday, May 29, 2015

4 New Records

Picked up four new Records today. Excellent stuff. Brand new stuff. Sort of. Not really. Definitely was in a post-punk, new wave sort of mood down at the record shop.

Devo - Freedom of Choice
Jerry Harrison - The Red And The Black
Japan - CBS Promotional Only
Ultravox - Vienna (UK Import)

Anyway, while codifying some of my notes on Logic from about 10 years ago and posting them on here I listened to my new Devo record and the Jerry Harrison album. Devo is classic. The Jerry Harrison was something I hadn't heard yet. I like all the Talking Heads albums and my intention was to buy '77 but I gave my self a $20-$25 limit going into the store and '77 was $30. So I got these instead. I had heard a lot of David Byrne's stuff but nobody else's solo albums. It was really good. I especially liked The New Adventure and was starting to really like No Warning, No Alarm, but as always my record player starts to stick towards the middle so I think I enjoyed 50%-73% of the song.

Japan & Ultravox will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment