Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Portland - Day 3

Day Three began with me enquiring a bagel food cart owner about the barriers to opening such an establishment. He estimated that it cost him about $40,000 to open and my ears perked up. Maybe we'll revisit that in the future. But, it was a family day and we were headed down to Corvallis to visit Erin's aunt and uncle. On the way down we stopped in Salem to poke about town and grab some lunch. We found an arcade/gastropub and enjoyed lunch and then a rousing game of four-person pacman, which I dominated. After that we headed to a winery where my mom and wife both got a tasting of five different wines. The countryside was absolutely gorgeous and the wine was pretty good. After our little Salem/Countryside jaunt we finished the day off with family in Corvallis and drove back up to Portland. But not before some excellent pizza and my first glimpse of a redwood. Very, very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment