Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poem #1

(Originally Written February 25, 2009 in the Journal)

Poem 1

The sun is setting my dear.
The sun is setting.
Tomorrow, I will wake anew.

So I went to Haiti today. I'm in Port-au-Prince right now! I came with Ms. Erin Adams and Cindy Hundley - a true motley crew we are. We're staying at an orphanage run by one of Erin's friends.

This is pretty amazing. I love traveling, but it was an arduous trip taking nearly twelve hours to get from Jarabacoa to here solely by gua-gua. They had dinner ready for us: chicken, potatoes and carrot, and a salad consisiting of lettuce, tomato, onion and a leafy green that reminded me of parsley but had a spicy after taste.

Well, I think I'm ready for bed. It's been a long day. By the way, Erin becomes more amazing the more I get to know her.

I didn't eat the chicken because I've given up meat for lent.

Lord, the Nazirite vow I took taught me very little. I failed you Lord. Out of this abstaining Lord I hope to gain insight on your true purpose for my life.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound.
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found.
Twas blind but now I ssee.

Poem 1

The sun is setting my dear,
The sun is setting.
Tomorrow, I will wake anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment