Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A prayer from Haiti

(Originally Written February 25, 2009 in the Journal)

Today was awesome. We putzed around Port-au-Prince, Pétionville, and went to the Baptist Mission, and played with the children at the orphanage. This orphanage, if I understand correctly needs about $36,000 U.S. to operate a year. They receive only about $12,000. They need a new laptop because the old one was stolen. There is so much need in this world. Why can I do nothing about it?

Lord I feel so compelled to get the ball rolling for mission work like this. I'm good at getting people to open up their wallets - why can I do it for you? Lord I'm going to try and raise money for them. If I am successful then I know you will show me a way to do this more permanently.

I have a new idea to open up a missionary service that provides funds for missionaries. Lord the harvest is great and the workers few and the money even more sparse. Help me in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment