Monday, August 5, 2019

Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues

From Goodreads

Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues
Molly Harper

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I'm not usually down to grab a romance novel but this one was worth the time. The story was great. The characters were enjoyable and not having much experience with a woman's perspective on a romantic read, let alone one housed in a magical realism setting, my mind was stretched and expanded by this book. The dialogue was what thoroughly stood out for me. While the scene between the three men characters felt a little bit off, like it was what women think men could talk like in men's only conversations, it was amazing to read the dialogue in women only conversations. It was an entirely different viewpoint and the story was much more enhanced in my estimation. I think I might have to take on this series and see what becomes of the Mystic Bayou!

No comments:

Post a Comment