Friday, June 10, 2016

A correction of my earlier self

It is interesting in reading some of earlier writings from 2006. It shows how I've changed my mind, what I thought was important then vs. what I consider important now and just an overall development of my thinking process. For example in 2006 I was staunchly beholden to a literal Seven-Day Creationist approach in understanding Genesis. I railed against evolution and was "pained" in an early attempt at apologetics to find that my arguments couldn't rule out evolution. Now, I don't think that evolution and Creation are mutually exclusive and not a vey important part of Christian theology. Likewise, I railed against the ontological argument for the existence of God. Now, I find myself more convinced by it then any other argument for the existence of God. On that however, my twenty-two year old self did admit that he didn't like the ontological argument possibly because he didn't understand it. It's just funny and enlightening to reflect on my past thought process and view it from a point further down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment