Thursday, July 20, 2006

The End of Book 3

(Originally written July 20, 2006 in Book 3)

As I come to the end of another notebook I look back on all that I have learned and the changes that have occurred in my life. Philosophy, like everything in life is perpetually changing. Sometimes it deteriorates and regresses; sometimes it progresses and advances. Regression leads us further from God; progression draws us closer to Him. The action can be evil, the experience can be painful and yet, it still is progress if one grows closer to God. Conversely, the action can be good, and the experience pleasurable, but can be a regression if it leads one further from God. A proximity God and Christ-likeness is my aim Anything that hinders that is a regression. Anything that assists that is a progression.

Sorry, I wrote so big. I figured it was pointless to start a new book with so few pages left. In my readings recently (Rand & Russell) I have found myself ignorant of many things, but two things stand out to me:

1) My utter lack of understanding as to what exactly metaphysics is
2) Rand & Russell find mysticism reprehensible. The term has negative connotations in today's society, but I am wondering if I am a mystic in their eyes.

So marks the conclusion of Notebook #3. This book consists of notes from 4/30/06-7/20/06. I will continue with metaphysics and mysticism studies in notebook #6, page 1. Notebook #5 contains the continuance of Russell's "The History of Western Philosophy" from Notebook #4. Ironically, I finished notebook #4 prior to Notebook #3. What can you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment