Thursday, March 16, 2017

Lottery

Do a short story on Plato's lottery for sex.

I imagine a very somber, melancholic room. Sex has been stripped of its fun. The lottery has been going on for centuries. Instead of creating excitement it now creates dread. When the lottery is drawn the couples perform in front of bored audiences. The woman is then sequestered until she is with child. If she doesn't conceive both the man and the woman are released from the lottery system. They are thrown out into the free love room. This is where I want to do the myth of the cave kind of story. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but I am picturing an aesthetic similar to Dogville by Lars von Trier...

I'm not sure where this will go (if anywhere) but there you have it future Chris. Good luck with this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment