Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A diary entry, ten years later

Reading and rewriting my journals has enlightened me in two ways. First, I am much less intelligent than I was. Second, I am much more streetwise than I was. I have had to look up the various fields of philosophy to give good labels when retyping my notes. Seriously, what is the difference between ethics, metaphysics and epistemology? But, when I read personal notes about ____ I look at it through the eyes of a revisionist historian, but also a stone cold sober witness to events I didn't understand as a boy-man.

Case-in-point

http://fromtheeggtotheapple.blogspot.com/2016/01/a-diary-enry.html

She didn't want to go to breakfast (something we did often). The cable guy was our mutual friend. "He finally left the apartment at two p.m (frowny face)".

Dear gods! Help me remember all education, history and philosophy while I forget my own history!

No comments:

Post a Comment