Thursday, February 6, 2014

Proverbs 4 & 5

(Originally written February 6, 2014 on scrap paper)

I must get better at this journaling thing. Lord, forgive me of my many sins. Cleanse me and accept me as your own. CLear my mind of the useless clutter and help me to stay focused on the important things in life. Grant me the passion to pursue my curiosities and keep me from wasting my life on mindless activities.

Proverbs 4

4:7 - "Wisdom is supreme, therefore, get wisdom. Though it will cost all you have, get understanding".

4:24 - "Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk from your lips".

4:23- "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

Lord, let me make the necessary sacrifices to attain wisdom. Cleanse my thoughts so that perversities do not come out of my mouth. Above all else Lord, teach me to guard my heart.

Proverbs 5

Proverbs 5 is a tough chapter to read. Firstly, I understand all too well verses 4, 9 and 14. "But in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double edged sword" (5:4). I feel the scars of that sharpness from time to time. Fear grips me tight in these moments. I sometimes remember and understand the pain of giving my best strengths to others and years to one who is cruel (5:9). Thank you Lord that it was only a few years. But, I still feel ashamed, "I have come to the brink of utter ruin in the midst of the whole assembly"(5:14). Take away any of the pain and shame that is still buried in me under the scars. Thankfully, I do not have to fear this chapter any longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment